Go Go Games: A Suite of iPad Games for Autism
Go Go Games Studios is an award-winning video game studio and research lab that creates engaging video games that work like therapy, but feel like play. Go Go Games Studios is building a toolbox of products targeting a variety of therapeutic outcomes to advance the quality of life of children with autism and developmental delays and is conducting efficacy studies to assess both engagement and learning gains associated with playing their games.
I wear many hats at Go Go Games Studios. On the design side, I conduct qualitative research with young children, develop key insights from ethnographic interviews with extreme users, build wireframes of potential interactions, and iterate designs after each round of prototyping and user testing. As the Co-founder, I am also responsible for all business operations with an emphasis on strategic planning, identifying investment opportunities, and marketing.
Research & Design Process:
- Literature reviews
- Contextual interviews
- Competitive audit/analysis
- Sketching & Storyboards
- Paper prototypes
- Low fidelity interactive prototyping
- User testing with young children
- High fidelity prototyping (on device)
* WINNER of a Parents' Choice "Gold" Award for Best Mobile App *
* WINNER of the Children's Technology Review "Editor's Choice" Award for Excellence in Design *
* Featured as "NEW AND NOTEWORTHY" (Educational Apps) on the iTunes Store *
* 5 STARS from Common Sense Media, the nation's leading non-profit for kids and media *
Featured in: Huffington Post, Autism Speaks, Stanford Educator, Kidscreen Magazine, Hack Education, and more...